Tuesday, March 2, 2010

OKAY, I AM BACK ON COURSE

My wonderful girlfriend/conscience/guru Kristen Munro has insisted that I forget about posting on Facebook when I have a perfectly suitable blog set up. That being said...I shall keep it brief and to the point:





Yeah, that's me as I see myself.

I have been making a go at oil painting again. Nothing I could say has a theme to it, it's very simple and all about the painting techniques at this point. I've even done some painting more for the opportunity to practice mixing oil paints with various mediums to improve drying time, make the paint flow better, et cetera.

I will of course post pictures of my works as soon as is convenient. Meanwhile, here's a peak at the very first painting that I ever did:

 

Please leave comments, and I would actually appreciate very much any and all advice about how to prepare paints, stroke techniques (heh), and things like that.
Ta.

1 comment:

Search This Blog