Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Imagination needs exercise, same as any other part of us....




To wit: Boing Boing  displayed a spectacular and creative junk/mosaic of Lady Gaga. I envy and tip my hat to people who can really make their lives run on their artistic abilities and their imagination. I went to the artist's (Jason Mecier) website, and lo and behold, this guy has an entire gallery of celebrity mosaic's done up using junk. Check out the gallery section of Jason Mecier's work HERE. And the icing on the cake for me is this: even the website layout is a sprawling mixture of vintage graphics, creative links, and crafty use of framework.

Seriously, the 'Celebrity Junkdrawers' section made me inadvertently clap and let out a satisfied Ha!

So, I continue to exercise my own creativity. At the very least, I will one day have the ripped mental abs and spectacular imaginary biceps of Johannes Vermeer of Delft.

Fuck Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog