Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sex and Religion according to Google!


more after the break...




I'm wandering around my new cyber-digs, just saying hello to the neighbors. I'm seeing what other people who are regular contributors to blogs here at blogger.com have to say and how they approach their subject of choice. I feel like I am still finding my voice, which combines with my natural laziness as well as my knowledge that if I really want this thing to work (read 'get an audience'), I am going to have to put the time in and really put forth a concentrated effort.

For me, that's all about the incentive.

What's the incentive here? Am I looking toward a future where I can say: "Yeah, I run the blog 'Phsychology of Astronauts'. We were featured in WIRED magazine last year."? Is that what I want? Hell yes.

Do I want to look forward to the mental exercise and the chance to hone what I feel is a natural talent for sifting around the internet picking up pieces of data here and there and making a coherent statement out of them? Yup.

Do I want to create something through a medium I feel comfortable with? Seems so.

So I guess this is a creative outlet for me. Which can be a good thing if I want it to be. Lots of people are much more fulfilled in their lives if they're creative energy is focused and they don't have a lot of opportunities to say "I wish I had done that.".

Check out this and more very creative and informative analyses of geographic information at one of my neighbors on the interwebs here. I think I'll be looking up to them for direction on my own blogging endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog